Wexford is a sophisticated, private neighborhood located directly across the highway from Shipyard Plantation. Wexford Plantation is centered around an extensive harbour which is kept at a median level year-round through the use of a lock system. Many of the homes in Wexford are on the harbor and boat docks. Wexford allows property owners to have a slip at the marina or in their own back yard! Wexford is one of the most exclusive and elegant plantations. Here are some of the amenities:
- Approximately 525 acres of well-manicured land hosting over 500 magnificent single-family homes. All homes are architecturally Charlestonian, Colonial or French country with either golf course, marsh, wooded, or water views. Many have private pools and boat docks on the harbour.
- Home sites are typically half an acre or more.
- Wexford Country Club: Willard Byrd designed 18-hole private Golf Course (for property owners only), Racquet Club, croquet course, bocce courts, swimming pool, and fine gourmet dining in the multi-million dollar clubhouse
- Large sheltered harbour and marina with numerous private docks adjacent to homes. The harbour actually has a lock system which allows the harbourmaster to maintain the water at a median level year round. The harbour system is very extensive with over 100 home-sites located on the harbour with private docks. An artificial canal system affords property owners the ability to own and moor boats directly in their “back yard.”
- Fishing in creek and deep-water areas.
- Association Fee: improved or unimproved: $7,850.00/year. This includes the fee for the Wexford Club and access to marina, golf, tennis,etc.